Sure, though there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a simple flute of champagne, sometimes it can be fun to switch things up, try out new recipes, and indulge in a drink that comes with that little extra pizazz.
If you’re looking for a way to level up your drinking game (or you simply want a reason to crack open the bubbly) then our list of best champagne cocktails is the perfect way to kick off a dinner party, celebrate a special occasion, or even unwind at the end of a busy week at the office.
From a sparkling cosmopolitan to a bubbly take on the much-loved pina colada, this guide will show you how to make drinks better than your favorite cocktail bar – and for a fraction of the price, too!
So, without further ado, grab your go-to champagne, pop the cork, and read on to discover 10 of the best champagne-fueled cocktails that are sure to go down a treat.
1. French 75
If you’re looking for the perfect champagne cocktail that will infuse a little bit of sophistication into your dinner party or evening, then you’d be making a good choice to add the French 75 to your menu.
This classic cocktail is refreshing and zesty with an intriguing twist of gin and is simply sure to light up the eyes of your guests. Read on for the recipe!
French 75 – What You’ll Need:
- Lemon juice (just a squeeze)
- Sugar syrup
- Lemon peel
Preparation time: 5 minutes
French 75 – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- First things first, place your gin, lemon juice, and sugar syrup inside a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and then give it a shake until the three ingredients have mixed together.
- Set your cocktail shaker to the side and peel some lemon zest, avoiding using as much pith as possible.
- Pour the cocktail into your flutes from the cocktail shaker. Then, finish the drink off with some champagne.
- Add the lemon zest as a garnish, and then serve.
2. Grenadine and Champagne Cocktail
Got a sweet tooth? If so, this pretty-in-pink cocktail is the choice for you.
Perfect when poured in any type of cocktail glass (including a flute) grenadine and champagne cocktails are sure to go down a treat if you’re on the search for something a little sweet and fruity! Check out the recipe below:
Grenadine and Champagne Cocktail – What You’ll Need:
- Grenadine syrup (for the sweet taste and pink hue!)
- Brown sugar lumps (3 will be enough to serve 5)
- One lime
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Grenadine and Champagne Cocktail – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Take your cocktail glass (or glasses) or choice and set it on your kitchen counter.
- Crack your brown sugar lumps and evenly distribute them into all of the glasses you are using.
- Then, take your grenadine syrup and pour it into each glass (if you need help with measurements and don’t have a cocktail measuring cup, keep in mind that there will need to be enough grenadine syrup to fill the base of the cocktail glass).
- Carefully slice up your lime and add to each cocktail glass as garnish.
- Then, top up with champagne, and serve!
3. Champagne Cosmopolitan
Chic and sweet, nothing says sophistication quite like a cosmopolitan can.
Originally created in 1975, a bartender named Neal Murray added a dash of cranberry juice to a Kamikaze drink, and after the first person tasted it, they sat back and declared, “How cosmopolitan” – the rest, as they say, is history!
Nowadays, the cosmopolitan is synonymous with red carpet events and urban dates in the city, alike – and if you want to bring a little taste of that glamour into your very own home, we’re going to show you how to elevate this versatile drink with a champagne twist that’s just perfect for special occasions.
Read on for the recipe:
Champagne Cosmopolitan – What You’ll Need:
- Cranberry juice
- Lime juice
- Simple syrup
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Champagne Cosmopolitan – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- First off, begin by taking your cocktail shaker and set it on your kitchen counter.
- Take the first three ingredients (vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice) and give it a good shake.
- Open the lid, and add ice.
- While the mixture (now cooled from the ice) is still inside the cocktail shaker, add a dash of simple syrup, as this will give the cosmopolitan a little extra sweetness.
- Pour your cocktail into a martini glass (which we recommend chilling in your refrigerator prior to use) and then add the champagne.
- Finish by adding a slice of lime to the rim of each martini glass as a garnish, and then serve!
If you want to bring a touch of Italian culture into your home, then nothing beats the Sgroppino.
Traditionally served as a dessert cocktail, this classic drink is best served chilled and drank immediately as it contains a generous dollop of zesty lemon sorbet!
Whether you’re looking for the perfect way to cool down during a hot summer’s day, or you want to offer your guests an alternative to a food desert, the Sgroppino is a refreshing drink and true palette cleanser. Read on for the recipe:
Sgroppino – What You’ll Need:
- Lemon sorbet
- Fresh mint (for garnishing)
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Sgroppino – What You’ll Need:
- Take your champagne flutes (or another choice of serving glass) and half fill them with your champagne of choice.
- Add a dash of vodka (be careful not to pour too much vodka, as you don’t want the cocktail to become overpowered).
- Add one big scoop of lemon sorbet to the top of each drink.
- Add mint leaves to garnish.
- Serve immediately, otherwise, the lemon sorbet will melt.
- Drink and enjoy!
5. Mango Bellini
Vibrant yellow in color and fruity in taste, the much-loved mango bellini is the perfect way to inject a little sunshine into your life, regardless of what the weather is like outside!
A true classic, the bellini is an Italian cocktail that combines champagne (or sometimes prosecco) with mango juice, and is a drink that’s sure to transport the drinker to a tropical island! Read on for the recipe:
Mango Bellini – What You’ll Need:
- Mango juice
- Raspberries (one for each glass)
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Mango Bellini – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Take your champagne flutes and place them side by side on your kitchen counter. This will make it easier to prepare all of the drinks.
- Add two tablespoons of mango juice into each of your champagne flutes.
- Then, carefully fill each glass with your choice of champagne.
- Once you have poured the champagne into each glass and given the bubbles enough time to settle down, you can then proceed to grab your grenadine and add it to the drink. Take the back of a little spoon and place it directly over the first flute. Take the cap off your grenadine and gently pour the grenadine into the flute while holding the back of the spoon over the drink. This will ensure that the grenadine is able to float to the bottom of the glass, rather than settle on the top, and will give the drink a beautiful ombre effect.
- To finish the drink, top it with one raspberry, and then serve!
6. Sparkling Pina Colada
The famous pina colada is a cocktail bar and summer vacation staple.
Served best in a tiki glass and garnished with a playful umbrella, this creamy drink traditionally combines coconut milk, and rum with a dash of pineapple juice, creating the sultry drink we all love that’s just perfect for the likes of summer parties and chilled out kickbacks.
Up until 2017, the sparkling pina colada was relatively unheard of, until a London bartender named Chris Moore decided to create it for the opening night of a swanky restaurant.
To make the night as memorable as possible, Chris developed an innovative pina colada drink with a dash of champagne, and it’s become a cult favorite ever since that night.
So, if you’re in the mood for something a little more lavish, then a dash of champagne is all that’s needed to transform the pina colada with a flurry of bubbles suited to a dinner party or celebration.
Creamy and delicious, this recipe will allow your friends and family to enjoy their favorite cocktail with a sparkling twist that they won’t be able to get enough of – getting caught in the rain optional!
Sparkling Pina Colada – What You’ll Need:
- Pineapple juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Coconut flakes and sugar for garnish
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Sparkling Pina Colada – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Take a small plate and add equal amounts of sugar and coconut flakes, blending them both together on the plate as best you can.
- Wet the rims of the tiki glasses you are going to be using, and then immediately place them onto the plate of coconut flakes and sugar, until each rim has been coated evenly.
- Pour ⅓ of each glass with your champagne of choice.
- Grab your cocktail shaker and add crushed ice, pineapple juice, lime juice, and rum, and give a good shake until mixed.
- Pour into the tiki glasses.
- Top with a final drop of champagne, as this will give the drink a foamy head. Garnish with your choice of either pineapple, pineapple leaves, or even a playful umbrella!
This page may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we'll earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you.